“I've started this blog… [as] a New Year's resolution to see how close I could get to [reprising] at least one photograph per day for 2011. … I hope you enjoy some of my blasts from the past.”

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July 6 – Sunrise, Lolo Pass MT


It was a brisk morning as I pulled out of Missoula MT on this particular morning. As I turned off Hwy. 93 onto Lolo Creek Road, I was greeted by a sight a colourful as the sunrise I'd witnessed as I exited the city. A bright, large swath of red coated the opposing lane and signalled the end of another deer, legs akimbo in the ditch.

A couple of miles down the road, I pulled into a picnic area to take a few more pictures and add a few more layers of clothing to ward off the freezing temperatures. A Harley rider pulled in moments later wearing only a sleeveless T-shirt. I mentioned the deer kill and he promptly told me about his three collisions involving said species – the last of which, in Canada, put him on death's doorstep for some time.

None of the preceding has anything to do with today's photo other than it was part of the immediate journey which led me to this second sunrise at the entrance to Lolo Pass and approximately 77 miles of beautifully twisty riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment