“I've started this blog… [as] a New Year's resolution to see how close I could get to [reprising] at least one photograph per day for 2011. … I hope you enjoy some of my blasts from the past.”

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Old Photo #127 – Mom 2


A late-night grab from the archives after having spent the day visiting my Mom.

I hope, as she looks back down the river of her life these days, she is pleased with what she accomplished – more reasonably, what she worked through with four high-energy sons. She most certainly should be. We each presented her with our unique challenges, but I think it's fair to say that we each loved/love her profoundly for her courage, resilience, tenacity, kindness and endless love.

Her childhood was anything but easy. One hopes her mothering life was compensatory. Oh, for the ability to roll back time and present her with more compliant children.

Taken on a family drive through the Pembina River Valley... a few years ago, we'll say.

No comments:

Post a Comment