“I've started this blog… [as] a New Year's resolution to see how close I could get to [reprising] at least one photograph per day for 2011. … I hope you enjoy some of my blasts from the past.”

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Old Photo #131 – Trumpet Sunset, Red Lodge MT


July '05, a few miles north of Red Lodge MT.

It had been a long day. I left the Red Lodge KOA at 4 a.m. and headed out for Missoula, some 430 miles west. My rear motorcycle tire was wearing prematurely and was likely down to its last 500 miles. The BMW dealership in Missoula was the closest source for a replacement tire. The cool temperatures were good for the tire and lousy for the rider on a bike with no fairing.

By 1 p.m., I was back on the Interstate for the return trip. The hot sunny day turned to spotty rain squalls partway back, at about which time I noticed the generator light glowing dimly from time to time. Then the bike wouldn't always start.

This photo was taken as I neared the KOA around 9:30 ish???

The generator problem is a story for another day perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment