“I've started this blog… [as] a New Year's resolution to see how close I could get to [reprising] at least one photograph per day for 2011. … I hope you enjoy some of my blasts from the past.”

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Old Photo #111 – Plainscape 10


One day, back in the late '70s (did I photograph significantly in any other decade), Ken (Zach) Zacharias, George Bednarczyk and I jumped in a car and headed off into the Manitoba countryside for a boys' day of photography. Somewhere west of Winnipeg, down Hwy. #2 I think, we came across an abandoned schoolyard, complete with school and a duplex housing unit.

While George played the piano, I mused on my days in the old Plum Coulee Collegiate, with "The Hilroy Exercise Book" in a rainbow of colours that populated my elementary school years. No, we didn't wear beanie-style English school caps in Coulee.

No comments:

Post a Comment