“I've started this blog… [as] a New Year's resolution to see how close I could get to [reprising] at least one photograph per day for 2011. … I hope you enjoy some of my blasts from the past.”

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Old Photo #113 – Plum Coulee 4


Back in my Plum Coulee days, Bob Reichert was the Postmaster. His job made him central in the village's daily life, but he was involved in all manner of community activities after hours. His daughter, Sandra, recently accepted a posthumous award for community service on his behalf.

Mr. Reichert's youngest son, Jim, created a major commotion in Coulee when, in the early '60s, he got a set of drums and began practicing feverishly in his bedroom just two doors from the entrance to the Collegiate. We younger boys were in awe, of course and, years later, he joined the band I was in. I'm not sure where Jim hangs his sticks these days, but our guitarist is now the mortician for the Winkler/Morden/Plum Coulee area, our keyboardist is the CFO for a radio network headquartered in Altona, and I'm a monocular photographer up in the Interlake.

2 comments:

  1. yes, my dad's old workplace. brings back a lot of memories.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jim! It's been decades, like 5 of them. Hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete