“I've started this blog… [as] a New Year's resolution to see how close I could get to [reprising] at least one photograph per day for 2011. … I hope you enjoy some of my blasts from the past.”

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Old Photo #85 – Zeus with Bread Box, Brown Betty & Baseball Glove


Okay, it's not Zeus, but the rest is accurate.

This very fine friend – and not seen for about 30 years – is one Ken Zacharias, known as Zach to all and sundry back in the day. Zach was somewhat of a cause célèbre at University College (U. of Manitoba) in '70/'71 for his short film, "Why Don't We Do it in the Road." I met him a year or so later, after his girlfriend and eventual wife, Jacqueline Rodway, came to work at the judicial inquiry which employed me. We quickly became very close friends.

This little bit of zaniness occurred while on vacation in Detroit Lakes, MN.

No comments:

Post a Comment