“I've started this blog… [as] a New Year's resolution to see how close I could get to [reprising] at least one photograph per day for 2011. … I hope you enjoy some of my blasts from the past.”

Monday, January 10, 2011

Old Photo #10 – Abstract 4


Curious-cum-hilarious tautologies are a common subject of street photographers' reconnoiterings. I found this example in the parking lot of the Shaarey Zedek Synagogue, located at Wellington Crescent and Academy Road, Winnipeg. Perhaps the sign was deemed necessary following an incident of driving under the influence of a few too many "mazel tovs" at a wedding??? Let's see... a fence to keep folks from driving down a steep, treed bank into the Assiniboine River, a sign to protect the fence, snow drifts to protect the sign...

A surprise coincidence is that, centred directly behind the sign, is the home Ruth & I shared when we first became a couple in 1999. Now that was mazel tov for a couple of goyim.

No comments:

Post a Comment