“I've started this blog… [as] a New Year's resolution to see how close I could get to [reprising] at least one photograph per day for 2011. … I hope you enjoy some of my blasts from the past.”

Monday, January 31, 2011

Old Photo #31 – Rob Barrow 1


Robert Barrow, Swan River's zaniest son.

Rob & I met as co-students of the Red River photography course. I was immediately drawn in by his sense of humour, joie de vivre, his passion for photography, and his innate ability in the medium. Our life-intersection has been somewhat sporadic over the intervening 35 years, but a phone call yesterday book-ended another 3-year period. On answering the phone, I was greeted with an über-schmaltzy rendition of "Are you lonesome tonight."

On the day of this photograph back in '78, Rob had come over for a barbecue. On his shoulder was a Leica. He handed it to me, and this was my first exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment