“I've started this blog… [as] a New Year's resolution to see how close I could get to [reprising] at least one photograph per day for 2011. … I hope you enjoy some of my blasts from the past.”

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Old Photo #2 – Abstract 1


In the summer of 1974, I received my acceptance to a one-year Photographic Technician course at Red River College, Winnipeg. A then dear friend of mine, Ken Zacharias, had taken the course and he subsequently introduced me to Grant Ball (still a friend) who had also taken the course and whose brother-in-law, Malcolm Patterson, was one of the instructors.

In retrospect, I wish I had been more committed to the course description and less concerned about my hubris as an aspiring, self-expressive creative photographer. But that's water long under the bridge and through the system many times.

At the time, I lived in an apartment at the corner of Lilac and McMillan in Winnipeg. Convergences had always fascinated me, and the house at the corner of Lilac and Grosvenor had lots of those. I saw it twice a day going to and returning from Red River. One day I photographed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment