“I've started this blog… [as] a New Year's resolution to see how close I could get to [reprising] at least one photograph per day for 2011. … I hope you enjoy some of my blasts from the past.”

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Old Photo #27 – Hooker


The invariable rock group photo shoot. Every photographer my age has to have documented one music act or another.

Location: the throughway between Albert and Arthur Streets just north of the Royal Albert Hotel.
Time: Summer night, likely 1980/81.

One of this hirsute quintet is one of my brothers. At least one – not my brother – is deceased.

Brother Ken picked up a guitar very early. Dad had always played, then I joined a band in '68, then brother Bob took up the mike, which led to Bob and Ken starting a band that jarred Plum Coulee's placidity for much of the '70s. Ken moved to Winnipeg and started this band (Hooker).

No comments:

Post a Comment