“I've started this blog… [as] a New Year's resolution to see how close I could get to [reprising] at least one photograph per day for 2011. … I hope you enjoy some of my blasts from the past.”

Monday, January 17, 2011

Old Photo #17 – Abstract 44


With apologies to my son, Cole (our second child), my most photographed subject is undoubtedly my daughter, Jill.

Both of my children were much anticipated and, upon arrival, greatly loved. The fact is, with the first child, I was still playing at being a "responsible" adult. Work/career was an unfortunate necessity that provided the funds for fun. As a consequence, I seemed to have plenteous time to document her early life. When Cole was born (yesterday in 1985 – Happy Birthday, Son), I was launching into the application for and set-up of a Honda franchise for a couple of investors. Life got very busy and intervened in my photographic indulgences.

This photo of Jill & her Mom was taken on our palatial country estate, Villa Hova. While the name may sound high-flown, it is Low German and means, "wild oats." While certainly not seedy, the place was humble, and our time there was blessed. Jill loved to run and explore, and she was particularly captivated by a fence post on the south-east corner of the yard where, if she listened carefully, she could hears the hammers of Santa's elves in the workshop below.

No comments:

Post a Comment