“I've started this blog… [as] a New Year's resolution to see how close I could get to [reprising] at least one photograph per day for 2011. … I hope you enjoy some of my blasts from the past.”

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Old Photo #9 – Abstract 54


When I photographed All Saints' Victoria years ago, it didn't occur to me that someday I might live less than a dozen miles from its door – or that I would be attending its sister church, All Saints' Winnipeg.

The former is located just west of the junction of Road 81N and Hwy. #7, some 14 miles north of Winnipeg's Perimeter Hwy. Though the nameplate above its door states that ASV was renovated in 1982, it still has no heating system. This despite the fact that some area residents like our friends, Jim & Johanna Rodger, still worship there at least once each Advent season.

An Explanatory Note: The term "abstract," used in naming some of these photographs, obviously does not refer to abstract art, but to fact that the photographs' subjects have been abstracted, to a lesser or greater extent, from their contexts.

No comments:

Post a Comment