“I've started this blog… [as] a New Year's resolution to see how close I could get to [reprising] at least one photograph per day for 2011. … I hope you enjoy some of my blasts from the past.”

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Old Photo #33 – Storm Clouds, Sioux Narrows, ON


Our cottage on Long Bay just north of Sioux Narrows has afforded some amazing photographic opportunities to compensate for the de rigueur second to-do list that comes with cottage ownership.

This cloud formation presented on Aug. 5, 2006 at 8:40 p.m. Like so many storms on The Lake of the Woods, all was calm up until 20 minutes before the end of the storm. A few ominous clouds rolled in from the East, everything went quiet, then the wind came smashing in from the northwest and, by 8:40, this cloud and some fallen foliage was all that evidenced the 10 minutes of tumult.

I have no idea what Handel envisioned when he scored the music for the "And the glory" chorus, but Isaiah 40:5 is what comes to mind when I view this image. If you look more than casually, you will even see the head of one of the horses of the Apocalypse.

No comments:

Post a Comment