“I've started this blog… [as] a New Year's resolution to see how close I could get to [reprising] at least one photograph per day for 2011. … I hope you enjoy some of my blasts from the past.”

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Old Photo #37 – Western Painted Turtle


I purchased a Canon 5D system in the spring of 2006, sadly putting my Olympus OM system onto the back shelf in the process. I'm still trying to "like" the larger, heavier, more complex camera, but the more seamless process of capturing and printing is seductive, given the demands of daily life.

Ruth & I were at the cottage on Lake of the Woods for the weekend on June 10, 2006. As we set out up the driveway for a walk with the dogs, we noticed as Western Painted Turtle in the verge of the drive. I went back to get the tripod and 180 mm macro lens and got a number of decent shots of this venerable old fellow.

If you look closely, you may be able to see my head reflected in his eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment