“I've started this blog… [as] a New Year's resolution to see how close I could get to [reprising] at least one photograph per day for 2011. … I hope you enjoy some of my blasts from the past.”

Monday, February 14, 2011

Old Photo #45 – Two Views of Don's Granary







My friend, Don Wiebe, runs a truly fine farming operation. While I lack the expertise to make this assertion, all the signs are there: the respect of his fellow farmers; all the Moline green in his shop; the freshly painted outbuildings; an enviable lifestyle. He benefits from tending some of the best land in Manitoba, the fine loam of the Red River Valley.

Our friendship spans 44 years. When my daughter, Jill, was young we were fortunate to be living in close proximity and our families spent much time together; so much that Jill called Don's dad, who lived on the same yard, Grampa Peter. Halcyon days, those: like the light in these photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment