“I've started this blog… [as] a New Year's resolution to see how close I could get to [reprising] at least one photograph per day for 2011. … I hope you enjoy some of my blasts from the past.”

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Old Photo #36 – Voyeur 52


The northeast corner of Portage & Smith in Winnipeg was a favourite soapbox location back in the day. I saw this group only once in the years that I trolled the downtown.

It was rumoured at the time that the old man with the cane was an eccentric philanthropist who had established a large scholarship fund for the University of Winnipeg. I remember him visiting the offices of Dominion Securities (a stock brokerage) in my office building, so the rumours may be true. At any rate, the shot I missed during this exchange, was the old fellow shaking his cane at the demonstrators.

No comments:

Post a Comment