“I've started this blog… [as] a New Year's resolution to see how close I could get to [reprising] at least one photograph per day for 2011. … I hope you enjoy some of my blasts from the past.”

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Old Photo #58 – Last Flame of Fall




In September 1990, I participated in a fine photography workshop. Two friends, Paul Martens (an exceptionally gifted commercial & arts photographer, and, for over 20 years, Winnipeg's go-to shooter) and Robert Peters (a graphic designer in Winnipeg – and no relation) had established Praxis Photographic Workshops. The other two members of Praxis were Mike Grandmaison and Celes Davar.

The September workshop took place near Sioux Narrows Ontario, in the Lake of the Woods region. The colours that year were absolutely spectacular, and we had the benefit of sun, overcast, rain, frost and wind to create a wide range of possibilities.

I found a pool of water down a quiet stream and happened upon the last flame of that fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment