“I've started this blog… [as] a New Year's resolution to see how close I could get to [reprising] at least one photograph per day for 2011. … I hope you enjoy some of my blasts from the past.”

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Old Photo #48 – Jamie & the Ass




I got to meet some incredibly wonderful & fun-loving people when my first wife & I went to Britain with Jeannie & Paul Gilbert in December 1971. Jamie Lloyd (I believe that was his surname) was an exemplar of those descriptors.

I seem to recall that Jamie was a teacher, and he would have been a treat for children. He was burly, hairy; and his eyes always betrayed the impending joke or bit of merry-making that was just around the corner. He was only too happy to comply with my request that he stand behind the telly when a blue animated ass came on-screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment